Wednesday, April 2, 2008

George Michael ready for retirement?

25 At the height of his comeback, George Michael now says he's ready for retirement.

According to the always reliable Indo-Asian News Service, Michael says his upcoming U.S. tour will be his last, so he's urging fans to make the most of it.

"I want to divorce myself from pretty much everything public after the tour," Michael said. "In the future, I don't want to be making and releasing physical CDs, and I don't want to be charging people for my new music."

It's odd timing -- George is hot right now. He just announced he'll tour the U.S. for the first time in 17 years, starting this June. And his frequent acting and singing appearances on TV's "Eli Stone" has expanded his fan base further.

In addition, his latest album -- "Twenty-five" -- hits stores today. And he only recently announced a multi-million deal to write and publish his autobiography.

No comments: