Sunday, October 28, 2007

Most depressing songs of the 80s (#21-30)

Poor Duckie. He saw yesterday's list of Most Depressing Songs of the 80s, and was driven to a crying fit out in the rain  because nothing from "Pretty in Pink" had made the list. Cheer up, Duck man. Today's your big day. (Click here to see Nos. 31-40 and 41-50)

TOP 50 DEPRESSING SONGS OF THE 80s: Nos. 21-30

30. How Soon Is Now? (The Smiths): "I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."
29. Who Wants To Live Forever? (Queen): "This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us."
28. Everytime You Go Away (Paul Young):  "I can feel your body move. It doesn't mean that much to me."
27. Hold On to the Nights (Richard Marx): "I wish that I could give you something more."
26. Luka (Suzanne Vega): "They only hit until you cry and after that you don't ask why."
25. Think Of Laura (Christopher Cross): "I think you're here, taking our tears away."
24. Purple Rain (Prince): "It's such a shame our friendship had to end."
23. The Way It Is (Bruce Hornsby): "As he catches the poor old lady's eyes, just for fun he says 'Get a job.' "
22. Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (The Smiths): "Lord knows, it would be the first time."
21. New York Minute (Don Henley): "Men get lost sometimes as years unfurl."

Sneak peak at the next 10: Just pour me a drink, and I'll tell you some lies.

No comments: