Saturday, October 27, 2007

Most depressing songs of the 80s (#31-40)

Yeah, I skipped a day in the list. How depressing.

The list of the 50 most depressing songs of the 80s continues today. (Repeat after me: Open mouth, insert Prozac, swallow.)

My personal favorite from today's list? No surprise to long-time fans here -- it's "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes" by Asia. Though in all fairness, I'm a sobbing heap of melting flesh if you play any tune on today's list.

Click here to view Nos. 41-50. And as always, fire away with the feedback.

50 MOST DEPRESSING SONGS OF THE 80s: Nos. 31-40

40. Hard to Say I'm Sorry (Chicago): "Even lovers need a holiday, far away from each other."

39. Last Time Forever (Squeeze):" It all went wrong when I grew jealous."

38. Missing You (John Waite): "There's a heart that's breaking down this long distance line tonight."

37. Save a Prayer (Duran Duran): "You don't have to dream it all, just live a day."

36. The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
(Asia): "It's over now. It's not my fault. See how this feels for you."

35. Cigarette (Smithereens): "Just like this cigarette, our time is running down."

34. Mandolin Rain (Bruce Hornsby): "You don't know what you got till you lose it all again."

33. Just Once (James Ingram): "Seems we're always blowing whatever we got going."

32. Give Me It
(The Cure): "Get away from me. Leave me alone. Like the pig on the stairs, hanging
in a groovy purple shirt."

31. Drive (The Cars): "You can't go on, thinkin' nothings wrong."

Sneak peak at tomorrow's list:
If you think Mandolin Rain is sad, try the other kinds of rain.

No comments: